The current outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has raised some serious questions and concerns. We are working closely with local health officials and have not planned to close our center at this time. We will follow guidance from the NJ Department of Health and Center for Disease Control when making decisions on any dismissals or closures.
The NJDOH recommends that schools and childcare settings increase education on respiratory hygiene. Staff and children (as developmentally appropriate) will be asked to follow these steps that prevent the transmission of respiratory infections:
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing.
• Use alcohol based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
• Stay home if you’re sick, especially with a fever.
• Avoid people who are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Additional preventive measures include:
• Continue to monitor students and staff who my exhibit respiratory symptoms.
• Adhere to exclusion recommendations from public health. For acute respiratory illness; fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication. Doctors notes for return do not supersede public health recommendations.
• Separate sick students and staff from others until they can be picked up to go home.
• Encourage routine surface cleaning through education, policy, and the provision of supplies.
Please trust that we do not take our responsibility as your childcare provider lightly and plan to continue to practice good hygiene and disinfecting procedures. We will continue to monitor this outbreak and will notify all parents if we receive notification that we must close for any period of time. This is not our plan, but if we are given instruction to do so, we will follow those orders. Additional information can be found on the below websites. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
NJ Department of Health: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html