The recommendation for screen time is 2 hours or less per day. Here are some alternate ideas to help reduce screen time for your child:
- Read aloud to your child instead of placing them in front of the TV or a computer
- Play games like catch or hide and seek
- Put together puzzles
- Dance to music!
- Have them help with chores like sweeping, setting the table, or making the bed
- Go for a walk in the park
- Color, make something with art supplies, or use molding clay
- Play water games--water colors, sprinklers, swimming, etc.