- May 5TH: Cinco de Mayo, National Teachers' Day
- May 11TH: Mommy & Me Tea from 7:00-10:00AM
- May 20TH: Cooking Class
- May 25TH: Memorial Day (school closed)
- May 28TH: Dance Class Recital @ 9:15AM
- May 29TH: Pajama Day and Parents' Night Out
- If you haven't turned in your lunch menu for May, please do so ASAP.
- Information about Summer Camp 2015 is available now on our website and as always, feel free to ask us about it at the front desk as well.
- Our annual Mommy & Me Tea will be held on the Monday after Mother's Day. Sign up at the front desk to enjoy breakfast with your child.
- The spring recital for our Dance Class is on May 28TH at 9:15AM. Space is limited, so please respect a maximum of 3 guests per dancer.
- We will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 25TH.
We are flying excitedly into this month and saying goodbye to April showers and welcoming the May flowers! We would like to remind all parents: please make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothing. We would like to ask also to make sure you keep a supply of sunscreen in the classroom and an optional hat for when we go outside.
We are celebrating Jayden's 1st birthday on May 27th! Please come out and join us for Mommy & Me Tea on May 11th from 7am-10am, sign up will be at the front desk. We will be closed Monday, May 25th for Memorial Day. Parents’ Night Out is on Friday, May 29th from 6:30-10:30pm with Ms. Idalia and Ms. Charlene, $22 per child.
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Brittany or Ms. Christine! We are looking forward to another beautiful, sunny month in the Baby Room!
-Ms. Brittany & Ms. Christine
This warm weather has been great! Room 4 has been enjoying playing outside and taking walks with our friends in Room 5. This month we will be introducing the letters N & O and the color yellow.
As the weather continues to get nicer we will be spending even more time outside in the fresh air, so please be sure to send in weather appropriate spare clothes for your child. One more reminder: please label everything that you bring in for your child, especially lunches. As we sometimes move between our room and Room 4, it can be difficult to keep track of what belongs to each child.
Lastly, I’m excited to be celebrating my birthday on the 10th with all of my kids!
We have really been enjoying the nice weather by taking walks, eating snacks outside in the garden, and playing on the playground! In May we will be introducing the letters N & O and the color yellow. We are excited to be celebrating Ms. Ashley’s birthday too!
Don't forget--on Monday, May 11th we will have our Mother’s Day breakfast, so be sure to sign up at the front desk if you want to join your child at drop-off.
Lastly, thank you to any parents who stopped by to see our room for International Day. We had so much fun last month making crafts and decorating to celebrate the culture of Puerto Rico.
Ms. Idalia & Ms. Tina
News from Room 6 will be available soon!
We are more than ready for May flowers in Room 9! This month we look forward to appreciating our mommies and saying “sayonora” to Ms. Chelsea & “konichiwa” to our substitute for two weeks while Ms. Chelsea visits Japan.
With the weather getting warmer we would like to remind you to switch all long sleeves to short sleeves and send in sunscreen, if you’d like us to apply it, for your child’s cubby.
Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Jennifer
Hello, everyone! April was a fun and creative month for Room 10. We had a blast learning about India for the International Art Show! We want to thank everyone who came out that night, and a special thanks to Ms. Rosa for visiting and helping out during the day.
May is going to be a special month because May is all about moms! You children will be hard at work on their “secret” Mother’s Day gifts for their wonderful moms. We’re also looking forward to spending a lot of time outside, so check and make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothing in their cubby.
Ms. Tracy & Ms. Denise
Room 11 has been enjoying the spring weather! In April, we had fun learning about Italian culture and making crafts for the International Art Show. Thank you to any parents who made it out that night.
This month we’re looking forward to celebrating Cinco de Mayo and Mother’s Day. We will be working extra hard on making special gifts for all of our moms.
- Please be sure that your child has spring-appropriate spare clothing in their cubby (including socks and underwear)
- Please remember that toys from home are not allowed, except on Show & Tell Days.
- Thursday May 28th at 9:15am is the Dance Recital. Each dancer may bring 3 guests.
- Friday May 29th is PJ Day!
Our calendar is becoming very short, but we have BIG plans for the remainder of the school year. May and the first week of June is our busiest time of the year as we are getting ready for graduation. Some of you parents may have noticed that we have already been working on our graduation songs.
This month we are looking forward to celebrating Mother’s Day with the Mommy & Me Tea planned for Monday, May 11th at 10am. Please sign up at the front desk to enjoy breakfast with your child at drop-off. Also this month, we will be working hard on addition, subtraction, and sight words/reading.
A few reminders:
- Thursday, May 28th: Dance recital at 9:15am. 3 guests per dance student are invited to attend.
- Friday, May 29th: Pajama Day and Parents’ Night Out
Finally, a birthday shoutout to Thomas who turns 5 on May 29th. Happy Birthday, Thomas!
-Ms. Jenn & Ms. Jackie