- April 2ND: Egg Hunts & Spring Parties @ 10:00AM
- April 3RD: Good Friday- SCHOOL CLOSED
- April 7TH: PAB Meeting @ 6:30PM
- April 9TH: Cooking Class @ 10:00AM
- April 14TH: Spring/Graduation Picture Day (Rooms 1, 4, 5, 9, & 10)
- April 15TH: Spring/Graduation Picture Day (Rooms 6, 11, & 12)
- April 22ND: Earth Day & National Jelly Bean Day
- April 23RD: Bring Your Child to Work Day
- April 24TH: Pajama Day, Parents’ Night Out @ 6:30-10:30PM
- As the weather continues to warm up, please be mindful of the spare clothing in your child’s cubby and be sure to replace their winter clothing with spring clothing when it’s appropriate to do so.
- On April 14th and 15th, Teddy Bear Portraits will be back at Future Scholars for Spring Picture Day. Rooms 12 and 6 will be taking their graduation portraits as well as spring portraits.
- Don’t forget to send your child to school in their PJs on Friday April 24th! You can also sign your child up for Parents’ Night Out from 6:30-10:30PM that night.
We are welcoming April and the beautiful weather with open arms in the Infant Room!
Reminder to all parents, please make sure your child has weather appropriate clothing in the classroom and in our storage boxes. We will be going through our boxes and sending home any clothes that are too small or too heavy for our spring weather!
We plan to spend as much time outside as possible, taking walks and exploring nature. This month we will also be focusing on our International Art Show. The country we chose to learn all about is Greece. We are very excited to start diving in to this country’s culture and traditions. Towards the end of the month, we will be celebrating Earth Day! On Wednesday, April 22nd, we are asking that all children come to school dressed in something green. Lastly, spring time means spring pictures! Picture Day for Room 1 is Tuesday, April 14th, with make-up pictures the following day.
If you have any questions or comments please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. We are looking forward to another lovely month in Room 1!
-Miss Brittany & Ms. Christine
Welcome to Room 4! We are adjusting really well to our move from Room 5, and we are happy to have our new friends Bryce and Ava with us.
We still spend our mornings in Room 5 with our other friends doing circle time with Ms. Idalia and Ms. Tina. In March we worked on recognizing letters J & K as well as the numbers 7 & 8. We have also been enjoying singing, dancing, and learning Spanish.
This month we will work on letters L & M and the number 9. On April 7th we celebrated Alana’s 2nd birthday.
We’re looking forward to a great month in Room 4!
We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! We are looking forward to the nice April weather, so we can hopefully go outside more often =)
Last month we focused on the letters I & J and the numbers 7 & 8. We also introduced all of the colors of the rainbow for Colors & Rainbows Week. This month we will introduce the letters K, L, & M and the number 9. We will also focus on the color purple and the oval shape.
Don’t forget that Picture Day is this month. For Room 5, pictures will be taken on Tuesday, April 14th.
Ms. Idalia & Ms. Tina
Spring is in the air! A great big thank you to all of the parents for their donations to our Easter party. Our class even had the chance to dye eggs! It was exciting to see their faces as the eggs changed from white into beautiful spring colors. We also enjoyed an Easter egg hunt on the playground to find all of the hidden treasures.
Right now, Kindergarten is busy preparing for Graduation. Don’t forget that on April 15th our room will have spring pictures taken as well as Graduation pictures in caps and gowns.
Also this month, we invite all parents to visit our International Art Show on Wednesday, April 29th. The children are so excited for this day and would love your support and enthusiasm.
Reminder: Please check your child’s cubby and send in 2 sets of seasonally appropriate clothes.
We’re looking forward to another great month in Room 6!
Ms. Donna & Ms. Linda
We’re puddle-jumping right into April here in Room 9! We are very excited to explore the Japanese culture as we learn all about the different countries and their people during our International Art Show!
Our class will continue to collect empty paper towel rolls until April 10th for a very colorful project pertaining to our art show, so please donate them if you have them!
We have a lot of exciting themes and activities this month (dinosaurs, the farm, recycling, and bugs) and we are very glad to finally be able to get outside and be active again!
Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Jennifer
Happy Spring! Here in Room 10 we are SUPER excited that spring is here. We cannot wait to get outside and enjoy the spring weather!
April is going to be an exciting month. Our spring parties kick off the month on Thursday, April 2nd along with our Easter Egg Hunt. At the end of the month on April 29th we will be having an International Art Show here at Future Scholars. Our class will be learning about India and we will be taking various beautiful Indian crafts.
Have a wonderful holiday,
Ms. Tracy & Ms. Denise
Here in Room 11 we had a wonderful March and start to spring, from celebrating St.Patrick's Day, planting seeds in our class garden and welcoming the long awaited spring weather! Thank you for all the wonderful goodies and treats for our St.Patrick's Day and Spring parties. Our class truly had a wonderful fun-filled time!
Upcoming events in April:
- Monday April, 13th: show and tell
- Tuesday and Wednesday April 14-15: spring photo day! Our class is scheduled for Wednesday the 15th. If your child is not here on Wednesday they may go on Tuesday.
- Friday April 24th: PJ day!
A few general reminders:
- Please make sure you child has spring spare clothes in their cubby including underwear and socks.
- Dance girls: please come dressed in your dance outfit. Even if your dance clothes are under a shirt and pants. This way your child will only need to be changed once and will save time.
- Please remember to label everything. Spare clothes, bags, coats, gloves, lunch bags, etc.
- Please remember no toys from home. Save that special toy to share on show and tell day!
We are looking forward to a great April!
- Ms. Charlene
We seem to finally be enjoying some warmer weather…April showers bring May flowers! This winter, we spent so much time indoors, so we are super excited to be going outside again! This month we will be learning about dinosaurs, farm animals, and recycling.
Don’t forget that Wednesday, April 15th is Room 12’s Picture Day. Please be aware that we will also be taking Graduation pictures, so be prepared!
We are looking forward to a great month! Happy Birthday to John, who turns 5 on April 9th!
Ms. Jenn & Ms. Jackie