- Dec. 5th: Medford Care Caroling Trip (Room 6 only)
- Dec. 9th: Gingerbread House Cooking Class @ 10AM and Parent Advocate Meeting @ 6:30PM
- Dec. 16th: Hanukkah begins
- Dec. 19th: Bright View Assisted Living Caroling Trip (Room 12 only)
- Dec. 23rd: Santa and Mrs. Claus visit Future Scholars 9-10AM
- Dec. 24th: Christmas Eve--closing early @ 3:30PM
- Dec. 25th: Christmas Day--school closed
- Dec. 26th: Kwanzaa begins; school closed
- The weather continues to be erratic, but in general, temperatures seem to be dropping so please make sure that your child has weather-appropriate spare clothing in their cubbies at all times and that they are properly dressed for outdoor play (hats, gloves, etc. for very cold days).
- Thank you to everyone who purchased books at our Scholastic Book Fair. Online book orders will be in soon. We will continue taking part in Scholastic's Monthly Book Club, with flyers going home each month.
- Remember that Parents' Night Out is each month from 6:30-9:30PM (usually on the last Friday of the month) and you can sign your child up at the desk. This month's date is Dec. 19TH. The price is $22 per child (cash only please).
- Lunch reminder: it is important that you turn in your lunch menus and payments ($3 per day) BEFORE the third of the month so we can order and provide enough lunches for everyone. We are happy to offer school lunch for $3.50 after that date on occasion (last minute decision to add, forgot to pack lunch that day), but if your child will be buying school lunch regularly we ask that you please fill out a calendar. Thank you.
November was a great month for the infant room! We introduced the letter "C" and we did a lot of crafts using our handprints and footprints. We hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! In December, we will be introducing the letter "D" as well as the color green. We will also be working on our holiday projects. We hope that everyone has a great December and that you all enjoy your holidays =)
-Ms. Idalia, Ms. Christine, & Ms. Brittany
News from Room 5 coming soon!
With the holidays swiftly approaching, December will be a very busy month! With that in mind, here are a few quick reminders:
- Always be sure to check the red mailboxes behind our door for important flyers and the daily reports. Remember, the dailies are our main source of communication!
- Please be sure to always provide at least 2 sets of seasonally appropriate spare clothes (shirts, pants, socks, etc.)
- As the winter chill creeps up, we would love to continue going outside, so please be sure to send gloves, mittens, hats, scarves, boots, etc. when the temperature dips below 40.
- Lastly, we will be sending home a family holiday craft to be decorated for whatever holiday you and your family celebrate! Feel free to decorate the craft however you want with your child(ren)—use photos, stamps, paint, markers, etc. We will talk about the completed crafts at circle time and post them in our classroom. Of course, this is an optional project, but we encourage it!
With Thanksgiving out of the way, we look forward to all of the winter and holiday fun that awaits us in the coming months. Keep a lookout for our holiday party sign-up sheet that will be posted by the door in the first weeks of December. Let’s all get ready to send off 2014 with a smile, and greet the new year with open arms!
-Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Tina H.
Happy Holidays! It's the most wonderful time of the year in Room 10. We have a fun-filled month planned with lots of art, games, and celebration! During December we will be working on the letters G, H, and I as well as number 4, triangles, and the color green.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be visiting us on December 23 at 9:00AM and our Holiday party will follow at 10:00AM. There will be a sign-up sheet for treats outside of our classroom door.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
-Ms. Tracy & Ms. Denise
This fall was filled with lots of fun and learning and it is hard to believe the holidays are here! Here are just a few friendly reminders for December:
- Show and tell will be Monday 12-8
- Tuesday 12- 9 is Gingerbread House Cooking class
- Tuesday 12-23 Santa will visit at 9:00am sharp and our Holiday party will follow. Keep an eye out for the party sign-up sheet.
- Please make sure you child has winter spare clothes in their cubby including underwear and socks.
- Dance girls: please bring your child dressed in their dance outfit (even if dance clothes are under a sweatshirt or other clothes). This way your child will only need to be changed once and we will save time.
- Please bring hats, gloves, heavy coats, etc. when needed. We make every effort to get outside whenever possible.
- Please remember to label everything. Spare clothes, bags, coats, gloves, lunch bags, etc.
- Please remember no toys from home. Save that special toy to share on show and tell day! Our next show and tell day is Monday 12/8.
- With so many holidays this month please feel free to bring in holiday themed books to share for story time.
We are looking forward to so much fun and holiday cheer!
-Ms. Charlene & Ms. Tina W.
November was an eventful month for Pre-K! We celebrated the birthdays of Avery (1st), Elizabeth (12th), and Chase (13th). We went over letters J-M and we worked on our fine motor skills—cutting, pasting, tracing, writing, painting, etc. We also started learning all about subtraction and the children love it!
For Thanksgiving, we made teepees out of ice cream cones and little turkeys out of graham crackers and frosting. We wrote what we are thankful for on feathers for our big hallway turkey, we signed a friendship treaty where we made promises to be good friends, we made Indian jewelry out of macaroni, and we learned all about Pilgrims and Indians by making Mayflowers and doing Thanksgiving yoga (we pretended we were on the Mayflower, did Pilgrim Pop-Ups, the Squanto Squeeze, the Turkey Trot, Settlers’ Sit-Ups, and Plymouth Rock. Ask your children to show you each one—we had so much fun! Another fun Thanksgiving activity we did in November was to learn a Thanksgiving poem and the sign language to go with it. We also went over good nutrition and healthy eating.
For December, we will be working on letters N-R. We will continue to work on letter recognition and sounds as well as addition and subtraction. We’re also going to do some fun winter experiments! And of course we will be gearing up for Christmas with lots of different Holiday crafts and activities.
Please don’t forget that our class will be visiting Bright View Assisted Living Center to sing Christmas carols to the residents on Friday Dec. 19th. The bus will leave at 10:30am. Please have your child here before that time and feel free to dress them in festive clothing!
-Ms. Melissa, Ms. Danielle, & Ms. Jackie
Greetings from the North Pole Headquarters. This month the Kindergarteners are busy little elves spreading Christmas cheer everywhere they go! Our special Elf on the Shelf “Jingles” arrived and is helping us get into the Holiday spirit.
On Friday Dec. 5th we will be going to the Medford Care Retirement Home to sing carols and pass out Christmas cards to the residents. We will also be busy this month making Christmas cards for our US troops overseas. Thank you to everyone who donated Tastykakes to our drive this past month—the troops will be so happy to receive those treats this Holiday season. As the sweet smell of Christmas fills the air, our class will be busy making their own gingerbread houses. And, don’t forget that Hanukkah begins on Tuesday Dec. 16th.
Parents, don’t forget: Santa and Mrs. Claus will be visiting Future Scholars on Tuesday Dec. 23rd from 9:00am-10:00am. Please have your child here before 9:00am if they would like to participate. Our Holiday party will follow at 10:00am. Keep your eye out on the website/Facebook page and in our classroom for more announcements and photos of activities this month!
-Ms. Donna & Ms. Jodi
News from Room 7 coming soon!