- Feb. 4TH: Cooking Class @ 10:00AM
- Feb. 5TH: Parent Cafe at Heaven's Nest Learning Center @ 6:00PM
- Feb. 10TH: PAB Meeting @ 6:30PM
- Feb. 13TH: Valentine's Day parties @ 11:00AM
- Feb. 16TH: Presidents' Day--WE ARE OPEN
- Feb. 27TH: PJ Day and Parents' Night Out
- With the winter weather upon us, remember to check our website and facebook page for school closing announcements.
- Please be sure that your child has winter-appropriate spare clothing in their cubby and that they have hats, gloves, coats, etc. for outdoor play. We try to get the children outside whenever possible.
- We will be having Valentine’s Day parties on the Friday before Valentine’s Day, so keep your eye out on your child’s classroom door to sign up to bring in treats!
- Please continue turning your lunch calendars in by the first of the month.
Love is in the air in the Baby Room for the month of February! This month we are celebrating Justin’s 1st birthday on Feb. 17th! Happy Birthday!
The songs we will be working on this month are “Pat-A-Cake” and “Skidamarink”. If you would like a copy of the lyrics to practice at home, please see Miss Brittany or Ms. Christine. During our Circle Time and in correlation with our weekly projects, we will be focusing on our themes for the month, which are:
- Week 1: Hibernation Week
- Week 2: Love is in the Air
- Week 3: Presidents Week
- Week 4: Dental Health Week
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask us!
Miss Brittany & Ms. Christine
In January we introduced the numbers 5 & 6 and the letter G. We celebrated Damian, Donovan, Alivia, and Landon’s 2nd birthdays!
In February we will introduce the color pink, the shape heart, the numbers 7 & 8, and the letters H & I. We will have our Valentine’s Day party on Feb. 13th at 10:00am. Parents are welcome to sign up to bring something on the sheet on our door. Please be mindful of allergies.
Ms. Idalia & Ms. Ashley
Our Kindergarten class is very busy this month. We are celebrating the 100th Day of School in class this month! Each student brought in a project with 100 items in or on it. We are also learning all about our US Presidents this month. Lastly, will have our Valentine’s Day party on Feb. 13th at 10:00am.
Kindergarteners are busy thinking outside of the box! We used the extra melted chocolate from this month’s Cooking Class to make chocolate covered pretzels!
Stay tuned and check back to see all of the exciting things we will be doing in Kindergarten next month!
Ms. Donna & Ms. Jodi
In Room 9 we have been hard at work and hard at play, too! We have welcomed our new friend, Cameron and we're getting pumped for Valentine's Day by practicing our "I" Love Yous!
We're excited for another great month!
Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Tina H.
Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! This month in Room 10 we will be talking about the people in our lives that we love. We will be doing some lovable Valentine crafts. Our Valentines Day party will be on Friday, Feb. 13th at 11:00am. There will be a sign up sheet outside of our classroom door. Please be sure to check your child’s mailbox and make sure they have extra clothes in their cubby.
Ms. Tracy & Ms. Denise
This January we learned about winter animals, nursery rhymes, Martin Luther King Jr., friendship, and Chinese New Year! Some of the highlights included: our nursery rhyme plays, friendship day, and learning all about measuring cups and how to make some yummy rice!
February is going to be another great month! Here are a few things to look forward to! Picture show and tell will be Monday February 2nd. Bring in your favorite picture of anything you want!Our class Valentine's Day party will be on Friday February 13th. Keep an eye out for our sign up sheet! If you plan on handing out valentines the best way to address them would be:
- To: my friend
- From: (insert your child's name)
A few general reminders:
- Please make sure you child has winter spare clothes in their cubby including underwear and socks.
- Dance girls: please come dressed in your dance outfit. Even if your dance clothes are under a sweat shirt and pants. This way your child will only need to be changed once and will save time.
- Please bring hats, gloves, heavy coats, etc. when needed. We make every effort to get outside whenever possible.
- Please remember to label everything. Spare clothes, bags, coats, gloves, lunch bags, etc. Please remember no toys from home. Save that special toy to share on show and tell day!
We are looking forward to a great February!
- Ms. Charlene and Ms. Tina W.
The month of January was very successful! We learned about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We even had a teacher change up that went extremely well!
Love is in the air now and February is going to be exciting! We will be learning about the letters V-Y, as well as addition and subtraction. We will discuss Black History Month, hibernation, and the importance of dental health. We are looking forward to our Valentine’s Day party, which will be Friday Feb. 13th. We will also start our Brag Bag Show & Tell this month!
Just a few reminders: please make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothes, jackets, hats, and gloves as we do go outside!
Birthday shout-outs to Mia and Sophia who turn 5 this month!
Ms. Jenn H.