- Jan. 1st: New Years Day--School Closed
- Jan. 2nd: School Closed
- Jan. 8th: Strengthening Families Parent Cafe @ 6:30pm (dinner at 6:00pm)
- Jan, 13th: Parent Advisory Board Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Jan. 14th: Cooking Class @ 9:30am
- Jan. 19th: Martin Luther King Day--School Open
- Jan. 30th: Pajama Day at School and Parents’ Night Out 6:30pm-10:30pm
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! We’re excited to start off 2015 here at Future Scholars!
- Please be sure that your child has seasonally appropriate spare clothing in their cubby at all times and that they are properly dressed for outdoor play.
- This month was a little behind schedule because of the holidays, but please remember to continue turning your lunch calendars in by the first of the month.
- Future Scholars has been going through a lot of changes in the administration and our classrooms in the past few weeks. Thank you to everyone for your understanding and patience. Ms. Melissa is officially our new Director!
January is a month of new beginnings in the baby room! We are sad to announce that Ms. Idalia is returning to Room 5 with the Waddlers, but she will still be helping Ms. Brittany in Room 1 in the afternoons. Our 2015 schedule for teachers will be as follows:
- Ms. Christine will be here from 6:30am-2:30pm
- Ms. Brittany will be here from 10:00am-6:30pm
- Ms. Idalia will be here from 2:30pm-4:30pm
This month we will be learning about the letters E and F and the color white. We are also excited to celebrate two birthdays this month—Mekhi is turning 1 and Landon is turning 2!
We hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. Thank you for your patience and support as we all adjust to our new scheduling. We’re looking forward to another wonderful year in Room 1!
-Ms. Christine & Ms. Brittany
Happy New Year! Room 5 has gone through some recent changes--three of our friends have moved to Room 9, and we have some new friends now as well! Also, Ms. Jenn has taken over in Room 12 as the new Pre-K teacher, so Ms. Idalia will now be with us everyday. Thank you to everyone for your support as we all adjust to these changes in schedule.
This month will be filled with lots of winter fun. We celebrate three of our friends birthdays this month--Donovan on Jan, 2nd, Damian on Jan. 7th, and Alivia on Jan. 25th. Please be sure to send in winter appropriate changes of clothing for your child as well as coats, hats/scarves, boots, etc. for outdoor play. We're looking forward to a wonderful 2015!
-Ms. Idalia & Ms. Ashley
Happy New Year to all of our families! We hope you had a wonderful and safe holiday. 2015 has arrived, and so has winter. Please be sure to send in mittens, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. on a daily basis. We will continue to be going outside. In addition, please be sure that your child has two complete changes of winter-appropriate clothing in their cubby.
Kindergarten is back in full swing and we have been busy in class. Check back to see all of the exciting new things we’re learning about in the new year! This month Kindergarten will begin having Show & Tell. Look for a letter in your child’s mailbox with which day they are to bring something in to show the class (either Jan. 14th or 15th).
Birthday shout outs for the month of January:
- Jan. 10th: Ms. Donna
- Jan. 29th: Hayden
We’re looking forward to an awesome year in 2015!
-Ms. Donna & Ms. Jodi
We are welcoming 2015 with bug smiles and open arms! With the new year, we have also had a few new additions to the Room 9 family (friends who have moved up from Room 5) that have fit right in! We are continuing to explore our numbers, letters, shapes, colors, and also the exciting world around us! Look forward to all of the “cool” projects that will make their way home throughout this month.
Lastly, with January comes the winter chill, so please make sure that your child had the appropriate outerwear to keep warm because we would like to get the children outside whenever we can! Cabin Fever is no fun :-( That being said, when it snows, we would LOVE to be able to let the children explore and play in the snow, so if you would like your child to be included in snow day play, please send in all of the appropriate snow clothing—coats, snow pants, hats, gloves, boots, etc. Thank you!
-Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Tina H.
Happy New Year!
The new year brings exciting new learning experiences for Room 10. This month we will be learning the letters J and K. We will also learn about the number 5, rectangles, and the color yellow. Our New Years Resolution is to have fun and do our best! We hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a blessed new year!
Ms. Tracy & Ms. Denise
It’s hard to believe that the holidays have come and gone and we are into the New Year! Thank you to everyone for donating to our classroom holiday party. The children had a blast and we couldn’t have done it without your help! Here are a few reminders for January:
- Wednesday Jan. 14th: Cooking Class
- Monday Jan. 19th: Show & Tell
- Please make sure that your child has winter spare clothes in their cubby, including socks and underwear.
- Dance girls: please bring your child to school already dressed in their dance outfit, even if it is under other clothing. This way your child will only need to change once and we can save time.
- Please bring hats, gloves, coats, etc. when needed. We make every effort to get outside whenever possible.
- Please remember to label everything that your child brings to school. Spare clothes, bags, coats, gloves, lunch boxes, etc.
- Please remember: no toys from home. Save that special toy to share on Show & Tell day!
Happy New Year!
-Ms. Charlene & Ms. Tina W.
The month of December was an eventful one. Singing at Bright View Senior Center was so much fun, and everyone loved our visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus! In December, Pre-K focused on making beautiful Christmas crafts and presents for our families and the residents at Bright View. We also celebrated Jaliyah’s 5th birthday on Dec. 4th!
As we enter the new year, there are some changes happening in Pre-K. Ms. Jenn H. will be taking over as the Pre-K teacher. Her dedication, creativity, and experience will be the perfect fit to replace me. Your children will learn so much from her!
Thank you for your understanding through this transition. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and has a happy new year!