MyPlate recommends that children 4-8 years old eat 1.5 cups of fruit every day.
What counts as a cup? In general: 1 cup of fruit, 1 cup of 100% juice, or 1/2 cup of dried fruit.
- Make fruit easily accessible. Example: wash and put fruit in a bowl where your child can reach it
- Action speaks louder than words! Eat fruit in front of and with your children
- Make a fruit salad together. Let your child chose which fruits to use. This Cookie Cutter Fruit Salad is a great option that kids will love!
- Fruits make a yummy dessert. Mix fruit with yogurt to make a fresh fruit parfait!
- Remember that fresh fruits are always better than juice