- Oct. 6-10th: Fire Prevention Week
- Oct. 7th: At 9:20am, the fire company will be visiting us. Please have your child at school early if they want to participate.
- Oct. 10th: First Annual Halloween Costume Exchange. Bring in your children’s unwanted Halloween costumes to Future Scholars by Oct. 7th and you will receive a ticket, which you can exchange for a new costume.
- Oct. 13th: Columbus Day. Future Scholars will be open regular hours.
- Oct. 15th: Back to School Night at 7pm. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there! Parents only, please.
- Oct. 23rd: Picture Day for rooms 1, 5, 9, & 10
- Oct. 24th: Picture Day for rooms 11, 12, & 6
- Oct. 29th: Classroom Pumpkin Carving—please wear orange to school that day
- Oct. 31st: Halloween. We will have our Halloween Parade starting at 10am, followed by Halloween parties in each classroom. Parents are welcome.
- As the weather begins to get cooler, please be sure that your child has two seasonally appropriate changes of clothing in their cubby at all times.
- Our Claire’s fundraiser will run from Oct. 1-24th and orders will be available for pickup by Nov. 18th.
- The last Friday of every month is pajama day and Parents’ Night Out from 6:30-10:30pm. The sign-up sheet is available at the desk.
- Lunch is available for your child and if you wish to purchase it, lunch menus are at the front desk or you can download it here.
First, we would like to say, “Welcome Back!” We have been busy this month introducing the letter A, the color red, and the shape, circle. We have been enjoying the beautiful weather this month by going outside on the playground and taking strolls around the building. We have also been spending time on the computer! In October, we look forward to introducing the letter B, the number 1, and the color orange.
-Ms. Idalia, Ms. Christine, Ms. Jodi, and Ms. Brittany
September was a HOOT! We had a great first month of the new school year! All of our friends have adjusted really well. The grandparents'’ breakfast was a success as was the Family Apple Picking trip! I want to shout out a big thank you to Rhett and his family for the apples they kindly donated to us for our apple tasting and apple pressing art project! We are looking forward to Family Fun Night on Sept. 29 from 5-8pm—please come and join us for dinner and games!
Creeping into October….BOO!…it will be here before we know it and we have lots of fun planned! Back to School Night is Oct. 15 at 7pm. Please try to get a babysitter as we are asking for parents only to attend and I would love to see all of you! October will also see our first party of the year, YAY! Oct. 31 we will participate in the school-wide Halloween parade at 10am, followed by a party in our room. Parents are more than welcome to join us for both activities!
Please make sure you don’t forget to take your child’s Daily Sheet home every day as it may contain important information and/or requests for diapers/wipes that your child is in need of. Also, please make sure you label all of your child’s food and drinks, blankets, and clothes as we don’t want to give your child’s belongings to someone else by mistake. We are also asking for you to make sure your child has at least two changes of weather appropriate clothing as it is beginning to get chilly outside.
We are looking forward to an exciting, fun, and learning-filled school year with your child! Please let us know of any concerns you may have!
-Ms. Jenn and Ms. Ashley
Welcome to our Kindergarten class! We are busy in our new class learning so many new things. We have settled in our daily routine and we have learned that everyone is different but special in their own way. Hooray for the Kindergarten class—we have read four books so far and we are very excited to read, read, read! We have learned about the season changing to autumn, and would like to encourage everyone to take time to enjoy a nature walk with their family! The Kindergarten class has also been busy cooking apple sauce. Ever wonder how many apples tall are you? Stay tuned to find out that plus more exciting Kindergarten activities in store this month!
We would like to give some September birthday shout outs: Alessandro on Sept. 19th and Kyle on Sept. 25th. Happy Birthday!
-Ms. Donna, Ms. Denise, and Ms. Jackie
We have had a great first few weeks of the school year here in B&A! The kids are excited for October and we have been busy doing crafts to decorate our room for Halloween. Other than working on homework, we are also having fun! We have been enjoying playing freeze tag and other games outdoors in this beautiful weather! We’re looking forward to a great year!
-Ms. Jessica and Ms. Giana
In September we welcomed our new friends and got to know each other! Everyone is beginning to adjust to Room 9’s routine and we have begun exploring letters with our alphabet friends. We look forward to October for all of its spooky-spirited fun!
-Ms. Chelsea and Ms. Tina H.
Happy Fall! Pre-School is in full swing and we are really getting into our routines and adjusting nicely. Where did summer go, and how did October sneak up on us so fast?! We have lots of things going on this month so beware of some “Spook-tacular” dates!
Back to School Night Oct. 15th at 7:00pm. We will be walking through our daily routines and discussing everything that we hope to accomplish this year in Room 10! Parents only, please.
Halloween Parade and Party Friday Oct. 31st at 10am. Please be sure to sign up to bring a treat for the party (sign-up sheet will rehanging in the hall near our classroom within the next few weeks). Please have your child wear their costume over their regular clothes at drop-off in the morning.
The fall weather will be bringing us some cooler temperatures, so please check your child’s cubby for weather appropriate clothing and be sure to send in jackets for outside play time. Please remember to label all of your child’s belongings so they are not mixed up with someone else’s.
During the month of October we will be learning and exploring many new things. We have been talking about harvesting and what types of fruit and vegetables are harvested in the fall. We have even been growing our own corn in our classroom! Soon we will be working on letters C-E and identifying our letter sound as well as practicing our fine motor skills by tracing lines in order to prepare for name writing. We will also be identifying our numbers and practicing counting. We also have many beautiful art projects planned as well as some scary ones for Halloween.
October Birthday Reminders:
- Oct. 19th: Emma
- Oct. 28th: Olivia R.
This is Ms. Tracy and Ms. Rosa signing off until next month!
We have had a very exciting and fun-filled first month of school here in Room 11! Some of our highlights included apple picking, making yummy homemade applesauce, learning about corn and making fresh air popped popcorn! We focused on letters A-D and numbers 1-6. We are learning sign language, Spanish words, and lots of songs. We are excited for October and the many fun activities we have planned including our Halloween parade and party on Friday, October 31st at 10am. Keep an eye for our party sign-up sheet! Here are just a few reminders:
- Make sure your child has spare clothing in their cubby (shirt, pants, socks, and underwear)
- If needed, please make sure your child has pull-ups and wipes in their cubby.
- Label all sheets, blankets, lunch bags, backpacks, etc. When in doubt, label!
- If your child does dance class please bring them to school in their dance outfit and they will be change into their regular clothes after dance.
- If you happen to have any extra Barbie or baby doll clothing you are looking to get rid of and would like to donate them to our class we would be very grateful!
- Keep a copy of our monthly school events calendar on your fridge at home, so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
-Ms. Charlene and Ms. Tina W.
We are having a great start to the new school year in Pre-K! In September, we covered letters A-D, we learned a song and dance to help us remember our Months of the Year, and we are learning to sign the ABCs in Sign Language. We are practicing our fine motor skills by cutting, tracing, writing, and painting, and we are learning all about math—counting to 100, writing out numbers, and sorting manipulatives by color. We have also made crafts such as Apple Trees, Bats, Pumpkins, and Apple Mobiles.
Our field trip to Johnson’s Farm was so much fun! Thank you to all of the parents and grandparents who made the day so special!
Pre-K is looking forward to October! In October we will learn all about fire safety and our five senses. We will make scarecrows and prepare for Halloween at the end of the month! We are going to start sounding out words and adding them to our word wall. We will also begin to go over addition and subtraction, continue to strengthen our fine motor skills, and cover letters E-I.
Please remember that Back to School Night is on Oct. 15 at 7pm. I hope to see you all there!
Ms. Melissa and Ms. Danielle